The blog function is used to help keep each sermon post categorized, searchable, and easily summarized. Start by opening the Sermon Archives page in the Squarespace back end.
Once logged in, click Pages.
Scroll down to the Not Linked group and click Sermon Archives.
Click the + button at the top of your sermon archive blog list that appears on your left-hand menu to add a new sermon post.
Your new post dialog box appears.
Note: The order in which you add the following to your sermon post does not have to be in any particular order.
5. While on the Content tab. Add your Sermon Title in the field provided. You can also easily add any text to the body of the post in the field below. It is a good place to add a Sermon Description or Scripture References. Simply click in the text space and start typing.
Notice the text menu appears when you start typing. You can Bold, Italicize, link, and center your text. You may also select from Normal body text, or change it to a header or quote.
6. Next you can insert audio and video blocks. Hover your mouse to the left of the post body field until you see the sideways teardrop and line appear (this indicates where your new content would be added). Pictured below you can see that if you were to add a new content block, such as an audio or video block, this would be place above your text that reads: Sermon Summary or other content such as scripture references. If you wanted the content block to appear below your text, you would simply hover your mouse below until the lower sideways teardrop becomes bold. Click when you are ready to add your new content block.
7. To add an audio block, once you have selected where your block will go by clicking the sideways teardrop, a content block menu will appear. The audio block is found in the first group under Basic. Click the Audio block.
8. The block will appear in the post body field and an audio block dialogue box will appear. Follow the prompts.
9. First add your Sermon Title and the Speakers Name in the fields provided at the bottom of the first Embed tab.
10. Next add your audio MP3 file by clicking the circled arrow where it says Add an audio track. Find the MP3 in the new File Explorer window that pops up. Once found, select the file and click Open.
11. Wait for the file to fully upload. Once uploaded completely, save by clicking Apply.
Note: If you would like to add the option for the MP3 to be downloadable for users, before applying (or if already applied, hover over the audio block and click EDIT) click the Design tab. Click Show Download Link so that there is a check mark in the circle to the left.
12. To add video block, once you have selected where your block will go by clicking the sideways teardrop, a content block menu will appear. The audio block is found in the first group under Basic. Click the Video block.
13. Find your sermon video URL by visiting Vimeo on a new page in your browser. Click on the video of the sermon you wish to upload. Copy and past the URL to the video block dialogue box.
14. Click Apply.
15. Add Tags to your sermon post by clicking the + found at the bottom of the dialogue box. Tag using keywords that will help make your sermon searchable.
16. Add Categories to your sermon post. Start by clicking the + found at the bottom of the dialogue box next to Categories. Find the category and select it by clicking. Sermons that you want to have automatically show up in the Sunday sermon summary on the Sermon Page will need to be categorized SUNDAY. Sermons can have multiple categories by clicking any category that applies. You will know that a category is selected when it is lightly highlighted. Sermons that belong to a series should be added to their series category. Once finished, just click outside of the Pick Categories Box to end your selections.
If you need to add a new category, click the Create Category button in black at the bottom of the Pick Categories box. Next, type your new category and hit enter on your keyboard when finished.
17. Add a Thumbnail Image for your sermon. Click on the Options tab at the top of your post dialogue box. Click on the circled arrow above the text: Upload an Image. Find your JPEG, PNG, or GIF file on the File Explorer window that pops up. Click the file you wish to use as the sermon thumbnail image.
18. While on the Options tab, make sure your author selection is correct.
19. Head back to the Content tab by clicking Content in the navigation at the top of the post dialogue box.
If you are not ready to Publish your post (or go live) but would like to save it as a Draft you simply click Save at the bottom of the dialogue box.
20. Publish your new sermon post by clicking Draft just above the Save and Save & Publish buttons at the bottom of the dialogue box. The select Publish from the menu that pops up.
Note: If you click the Save & Publish button instead of how it is outlined in Step 20, you will likely need to click on the post along the side Sermon Archives menu until you see the Edit and Delete options appear. You will want to click Edit in order to correct the date of the post. It is likely your post will not be made on a Sunday because of editing and downloading. If you want to change the date to reflect the Sunday that the sermon was held, follow Step 21.
21. You can change the post date by clicking the underlined date beneath the Published marker at the bottom of your post dialogue box. Select your new date from the calendar that appear. You can also change the time of the post by clicking in the Hour field, Minute field, and the AM/PM field. Simply click outside of the calendar box once you have made your new date selection.